Authentic Crispy Belgian Waffles
This Belgian Waffle recipe is by far the best that I have made. It has the most amazing balance of a super fluffy and airy inside wrapped around with perfectly browned and crispy outer crust. You have got to try this recipe. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
The way I like mine best served is with lots of butter and maple syrup and strips of thick bacon. But you can top these waffles with pretty much anything. I’ve tried churros style with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Then there are the more fresh fruit style. Maybe some strawberries, blueberries, peaches or apples. Add a dash of whipped cream and a shake of powdered sugar and it’s chow time.
Need a more hearty meal you can add some spicy fried chicken for a chicken and waffles meal. You can also add some shrimp or even a burger size sausage patty. You can even get creative and fuse some of your favorite hot sauce or herbs with some maple syrup.
No matter what your topping choice or meat pairing, these belgian waffles are the ones you will be making for years to come.
- 1 CUP FLOUR
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- PINCH OF SALT
- 2 TABLESPOONS SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- ½ STICK UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 TEASPOON VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 CUP WHOLE MILK
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- Combine the dry waffle ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter, oil and vanilla extract. Combine with the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook as directed by your waffle iron times.