Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
I have been eating ranch dressing since I was a kid in the 80’s. I think I might have been around 10 or so when my parents brought home a bottle of kraft ranch dressing. I was instantly addicted. Even as a skinny kid and salads were something you ate with dinner. I found myself craving it. I would pour it on a pile of iceberg lettuce and top with bacon bits and croutons.
Since then I have been trying different bottled, restaurant and homemade versions. From buttermilk to peppercorn and even a spicy chipotle. Let’s just say that ranch has definitely evolved from its early days and is incorporated into dishes other than salads.
Here is my version of ranch dressing that is creamy and packed full of yumminess.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely cracked pepper
- 1-2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk together the mayo, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- Add the dry spices and whisk until combined.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk again.
- Pour into a jar or tupperware and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. If it lasts that long!!