Hot Red Pepper Jelly Recipe
My Hot Red Pepper Jelly recipe is one that I used to make about once a year. It has now become a twice and now three times a year recipe. I make the batch, store it in mason jars, and give it away in mason jars to my dinner party guests.
This Hot Red Pepper Jelly goes perfect with Kerry Gold: Dubliner Cheese and Buttery Town House Crackers. You can find it in the cheese sections of most grocery stores for about $5.00. I buy the cheese in bulk is at BJ’s Wholesale or Costco where you can get 5x’s the amount for just a few more dollars. If you think it’s too much cheese, try this Hot Red Pepper Jelly and you will soon realize that the bulk Dubliner size goes super fast.
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbs Instant Pectin
- 3 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 5 1/2 pint mason jars w/ lids
- Clean and dice red bell peppers and the jalapeno.
- In a food processor add bell peppers, jalapeno and crushed red pepper. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pectin with 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- In a heavy 5 to 6 quart pot, mix together the pepper mixture, white wine vinegar, and remaining 3 cups of sugar. Cook on medium high heat until boiling, around 5 minutes.
- Mix in pectin and sugar mixture and boil for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Ladle in jelly into mason jars. Leave about 1/4 inch of space.
- Screw the lids on tightly and let rest until cool.
- Once cool, place in refrigerator and let chill overnight.